Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Birds' Nest


How much longer until we get to the
place where the clouds meet the mountain?
Where it's damp and cool, but there's
     fuel to be found,
and the sparrowhawks will watch our fire?

All the days gone going through the desert
are wearing out my inspiration.
The mountains stays stuck on the horizon,
     the same shady silhouette.
The faraway stars wind over the sand.

And if we get there,
     will it be any better?
Are the skies only the sky,
     and the days tired reluctance?

Well, I built a fort right here,
so let's call this place our home..
..at least for now -
     - just 'til I catch my breath
again.

I ground the stones with pestle,
used the chalk to paint paper cranes
and clay waterbirds all across the walls.
We could be lovers in this birds' nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment